Friday 29 December 2017

Home and dry

I give thanks for dodging the rain...when I was outdoors anyway! Indoors it's been bucketing down -  literally as overflow bucket under the primary containment facility overflowed too overnight, soaking the new carpet and through to the newly painted ceiling below.

I give thanks I currently still have two working arms and for using them, not only to bail out, but to send begging emails - Dear Nice Lady at Kidney Care/Council Man, please can you make anyone make this stop? I give thanks these folk are enjoying well earned breaks from their desks, presumably like the freeholder and managers under whole rooves not holey ones, blissfully unaware and probably uncaring of what it's like for those who are not.

I give thanks for escaping eventually, and collecting various packages about town including new books from my Amazon gift voucher and a new bag from my son via eBay. For chatting to the chaps and chapesses in the Post Office enjoying more leisurely shifts again, and for a cup of tea and a delicious chocolate (yes, just one - I'm trying so hard to be good!) at Mima's before she very kindly offered me a lift home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics