Wednesday 20 December 2017

Let there be heat

I give thanks for an early night. There was too much wrestling with the mattress to attach, and grovelling under the bed itself trying to find a way to plug both lamps and the electric blanket in to do much apart from turn it on ready to turn in afterwards. I give thanks for having a go at fixing the fairy lights while it heated up but I had to pass on that. It's soldiering on I can do, not soldering!

I give thanks it's turned unseasonably mild in the meantime. I don't mind not shivering and/or not fretting about the electric bill and how to get the laundry dry...plus the warmth in bed is good for easing pain as well as chills. Besides, falling asleep so early meant I woke up in time to see the dawn!

Exertions (and indeed excursions) usually have to be planned ahead now, but today I had the urge for an unscheduled trip outdoors. I thought the sun might have gone in by the time I actually got out there so I was very grateful it hadn't, as it was some of the hottest winter sunshine I've ever known without leaving British shores. I give thanks for sharing a laugh with jolly Roger over dietary restrictions, and meeting Mima to receive my Christmas gift on my way to receive my Christmas parcel of medications. Oh, and for spotting this very coney tree!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics