Saturday 2 December 2017

Possessed

I give thanks for my possessions. They have such wondrous skills you know, slipping through to an alternative dimension in a moment when your back is turned or the blinking of an eye. They have rebel and inventive spirits too and come up with different ways of functioning from the purposes I intend...

I give thanks for being in that time of the month I call the EPO high, when the levels of this performance enhancing drug boost my energy levels, making me (in comparison to in between) almost manic, so I can hunt those wayward objects down, engage in portal combat and attempt to beat them into submissive mode without excessive exertion.

I give thanks I fought and won with the shower head and broke even with the freezer and washing machine doors... but after hours of removing programs and resetting my laptop I have had to admit defeat on that one. Even virtually empty it is going too slowly to reinstall even the one thing that has to be on there - my crossword compiling software which can only run on Windows.  I give thanks for other internet enabled devices which, tho not zippy on the signal here, work workably well enough to compare deals on something cheap and cheerful to get me back on line for that. Between Cyber Monday and Boxing Day sales is not the best time to be buying technology but I wouldn't have any in my possession at all if I weren't good at tracking down a bargain!


I give thanks for leaving the undomesticated appliances behind today and for picking up some post op groceries on the way to Mima's to accompany her on a pre Christmas shopping trip through the wintry countryside to a small town with an arty craft centre where the windows always distract. There there turned out to be a big foodie crafty market there too, a fabulous old fashioned ironmongers and a cafe with lovely food for our lunch. I give thanks she's lent me a netbook to try...but not this evening methinks. This evening is leftovers and catch up TV...as long as the appropriate bits of kits are working...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics