Wednesday 27 December 2017

Oh my word!

I give thanks for braving the outside world today. It wasn't just the strong and bitter wind that made it daunting but the peoplyness as well! The sun was bright but it was too cold to linger on the seafront so I give thanks for finding this postcard capturing more summery days. I love sense its sense of speed and movement.


I give thanks for discovering since I've been compiling cryptic crosswords I've got better at solving them! It's a long time since I tried to puzzle out the answers to anyone else's clues...I'd forgotten how enjoyable it can be.

I give thanks for persuading my new laptop and old printer to talk to each other after sulking and refusing to at first (the laptop and the printer, not me!)

I give thanks for catching the first of this year's Royal Institution Christmas lectures on theme of the Language of Life. Fascinating and fun...and for learning (again) the name for sound made by rubbing body parts together. No...it's a longer word than that! Wonder how long it will be before I forget it again...

I give thanks for the sound of some neighbours returning being largely drowned out by my guffaws at one of the funniest QIXL's I've ever seen - one from last year I discovered I'd not watched before. It's a long time since I've laughed so long and hard and loudly. Next door were probably thinking less than kindly thoughts but it did me the world of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics