Friday 15 December 2017

Cream of the drop

I give thanks for the blessing of having a bath and being able to use it! It's my one real decadence but can compensate for all manner of other lacks and losses, sorrows and pains and warms me up on a chilly winter's evening...so, though indulgent, kind of useful too, I guess. I give thanks for my new shower head comfortably reaching my head of hair when I wash it over the bath. All those years it didn't...mind you I didn't have hair for all of them! I give thanks for my hair...it's much easier not having any, I must admit, but I do prefer to, and I also give thanks for the great good fortune of not minding too much what it looks like. Less heart searching, more pennies saved...more dosh to spend on a hot splosh at the end of the day.

I give thanks I don't buy decadent face cream, especially as I managed to bounce a new jar with the lid off around the bedroom earlier today. Oh well, no wrinkles in the carpet now...nor the wallpaper, mirror or chest of drawers!

I give thanks for Christine whisking me off to see her new abode and man this morning.  Lovely to catch up with her, and sit chatting by a blazing fire. Lovely to know there are people who find people who think they are just right just the way they are. Goodness knows why I've always failed so resoundingly at this, but long may others continue to succeed.

I give thanks for a lift back down to town to briskly walk round the shops in the bitter wind and bright sunshine. For finding a big ovenglass casserole going cheap in a closing down sale. For believing one day I might need it. For a cab to carry me, this and the rest of the shopping back up the hill, leftovers to eat and a sofa to curl up on with a hot water bottle and quilt. I had plans for the rest of the day but my body needed rest. I give thanks this didn't inconvenience or disappoint anyone but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics