Saturday 9 November 2019

Noventa y cinco

I give thanks for going upstairs on a bus today! The trick is not so much climbing the steps when your joints are hurting, but doing it without emitting involuntary grunts and groans and drawing attention to yourself! The purpose of the journey was not pain of course, but the pleasure of relative purposelessness ie not essential food shopping or an appointment for bodily maintenance...but just to enjoy the ride, different environs and horizons to admire from a day to day hospital trip and no driver demanding attention. As attempting this had been out of the question for quite a few months I was very grateful for success.

I give thanks for a gap in the cloud so I didn't get wet, could see out of the windows, and be reminded of Iago Prytherch...though I've been reciting the opening lines of the relevant poem so long from memory they're morphed into a version of my own. For relatively empty shops and streets and melodious Buddhist chanting in my ears. For coming across a few odds and ends I was pleased to find and, when I couldn't find some I really didn't want to go home without, and was trudging ever slower in my quest, for encountering the delightful Mr Haines for a hug and a chat about the mysterious sideways growth of the planet's population!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics