Thursday 7 November 2019

Novena y tres

I give thanks I have evidence that I felt quite lively yesterday evening and paddled to the Co op even enjoying getting splashed by a car on the back, though it's hard to imagine today when very little sleep again has left me particularly zombified. I give thanks for watching the dawn bring colour to the sea and shape to the ships on the horizon. For most of my day being about waiting in for things to arrive as this wasn't too demanding, though the spacing meant I didn't get a chance for a restorative nap.

I give thanks for loving my new hall carpet, and for refusing to get stressed over the fact I measured the width in not quite the widest part do it doesn't quite fit. As it's woven it would fray terribly if cut and joined with tape, but I reckon as it's woven I might be able to actually sew the backing together. Not today though that's for sure.

Having found a large bag of boiling/baking spuds for 10p in the bargain section, I give thanks for seeing if I could replicate the garlic potato cakes Bob and I used to enjoy twenty odd years ago. After getting the text saying when the Tesco delivery was coming I prepared a passable dinner to eat beforehand with my first attempt...and just raised my first forkful to my mouth when the driver called to ask if I minded him arriving there and then! Oh well at least he carried it all upstairs and no more waiting is required apart from for a reasonable time to go to bed! Trying some items I've not had before I was surprised by how large they turned out to be, so for just about managing to cram everything into my fridge and freezer for now, and looking forward to lots of eating in days to come to create some space again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics