Thursday 21 November 2019

Gut

I give thanks the hospital tries to schedule most renally related appointments on dialysis days as, although I'm grateful for all the care the NHS gives me, sometimes it is most holistically healthful and helpful to have as much of a day off as is possible when you have multiple morbidities to juggle. (I give thanks for the term morbidity too - in these times of careful phraseology what a gloriously unapologetically morbid word that is!) Today I gave thanks that I was able to phone in and re-organise over enthusiastic diary filling that required me to be in two different hospitals in shorter succession than was likely to be feasible for a feeble bodied soul...oh and as a plus I got a later slot too. Even with the benefit of hospital transport having to be on site by nine is a tad too early for me!

I give thanks for Julie coming to finish the high level painting ready for Sam to come next week if he is free, and for how well she managed in the growing darkness as an engineer was changing my electricity meter and the power was off. For her picking up prescriptions for me and Kay's tasty vegan and gluten free bakes before she arrived, and for the encouragement of company to make me have a quick potter round the Co-op as she went on her way - they didn't have my fave tea bags but they did have a caulifower for 29p  so it was worth the effort just for that

I give thanks as far as this first part of the loving room goes, there's just a bit more sanding and filling from me nearer floor level now, though there is a small questionable area of plaster that probably needs removing and replacing I'm going to leave that to see if the expert thinks we can get away without. Despite the boost from acupuncture yesterday, and having my tea made and washing up done, a couple of wakeful nights with no naps in between have left me rather weary so tonight I'm grateful I should be able to get away with doing nothing more useful than making some easy food and lolling about on the sofa with the TV. (I give thanks for the food, sofa, TV and electricity of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics