Sunday 10 November 2019

Noventa y seis

I give thanks for half a night's sleep without any medical intervention. For waking up feeling mentally bright, though physically even more sore than yesterday. For the sun coming out and persuading me if I was going to be hurting I might as well be doing it outdoors. This used to be a favourite time of year for walking, as the countryside settles into winter, and I've been craving empty lanes, squelchy paths, damp moss on bare branches and ancient stone, those bracing hill top views... Meanwhile, back in the reality of the here and now, I give thanks there's an almost flat nature reserve a few bus stops away where, though it's still popular out of season, you can stroll a few yards in winter without meeting someone coming the other way - or in my case coming up on the inside for an overtake!

I give thanks for managing to hobble around a small corner of this area, feasting my eyes on the sludgy greens and browns of unmanicured vegetation and the cool blue of the sea and sky before coming back on the next cosy bus to do very little for the rest of the day but rest, snooze and scavenge in the kitchen. Oh and for spotting the flower buds swelling among the multicoloured leaves on this magnolia...


Anyone else wondering where the post titles are going next? Run out of languages I can count to 100 in, and after 3000 odd other headings over the years all manner of other vaguely witty or relevant words or phrases have been used at least once. I could just use numerals, or the date, give up being grateful or blogging about it... Not sure what to do yet to be honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics