Tuesday 12 November 2019

Noventa y ocho

You're gonna need a bigger coat, I said to myself when out on Sunday in my lightly padded mid season one...and a cosier hat as well! And with the freezing wind today I was very grateful for staying cosy bigger fleecy lined versions of both...

I give thanks for a barrage of eye tests to investigate the cataract situation and other matters as well. This took up much of my minimal energy and enthusiasm for the day, especially as I had to have those horrid dilating drops but I was very grateful to hear at the end of it nothing further needs to be done for now. For managing to scoop up a special offer on raspberries at the 'farm shop' on the way home, to add something fresh to the day's menu mostly based around leftovers and comforting stodge.

For discovering Junior Bake Off - so much more my culinary level and it's a joy to watch those precious still-forming beings too! Harry Hill in charge of the humour makes me also grateful for catch-up options that allow for fast forward here and there... I give thanks for rediscovering chives. They became a favourite in my teens when I began to meet people who enjoyed a variety of food (unlike my mother, poor soul), and I've grown them when I could. In supermarkets now, of course, you can buy a bagged bunch to chop, and they sure do liven up the rather bland cheeses I'm supposed to stick to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics