Wednesday 13 November 2019

Noventa y nueve

Ooh I give thanks for a perfect cup of tea before I left this morning - the simple delight of getting the water temperature, brew time and milk addition just right! Lots of cuppas are perfectly acceptable but a perfect one is bliss!

It seemed to be extra noisy on the ward today so I give thanks for soothing music instead of a nap. When I finally felt ready to stir myself again sit up and open my eyes, as if by magic my kidney consultant arrived to advise that yes, the results were back, and I needed to see a cancer one again in case there's anything that can be done. I was very grateful I was feeling particularly relaxed and mellow to receive this news, but I've had a long time to think about this possibility and was already as OK with it as probably a person can be, in fact rather blessed to have had so much practice at this sort of thing, and certainly relieved to finally know after such a long while of uncertainty...

I give thanks for feeling extra well and energetic when I got home, and sticking to plan A despite some delay and going out to raid the Co-op so I can stay indoors tomorrow if I so choose. When I'd reached the outside of the main door I realised I'd forgotten some stuff to go in the food bin and went back upstairs to get it  before continuing with my mission. Yep, that energetic - long may this continue! I give thanks the rain had stopped too, and the big puddles emptied down the drains. For two big bowls of leftover curry and rice for my supper...I did all yesterday's washing up before treatment today so I give thanks for once there's only a very small pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics