Friday 15 November 2019

Agradable

I must have listened to weeks of chill out and meditation music over the the years, so I was surprised and grateful to find some that really hits the spot (gently) on the Insight Timer app. It helps me to drift off a while on a bustling dialysis ward.

The lights are bright in there so I was also grateful for a soft scarf to drape across my eyelids to assist my snooze. Unfortunately this caused a loud voiced member of staff had to wonder verbally if I was OK as she stood by my bed, so I was dragged ungratefully back to the real world! On the plus side I did then spot another nurse I did want to see, and finally after some weeks of fruitless asking, I'm getting an appointment to see why there is a sharp bit under the skin where they put the band round my fistula. I suspect the appointment may lead to more surgery, which cheers me not a jot, but I do give thanks if it needs it the option will be there.

I give thanks it's Friday, it's been a tough week and when I got home there was some scary financial news to assimilate. Someone I owe some money to wants it back, which is fair enough, but if I take it out of my pension pot to give it to him they'll stop my benefits again which is not! Oh dear...

I give thanks for a hot water bottle on a nippy night, and that this morning I put a cosier duvet on the bed. Might go mad and have a long hot bath later...when you feel beset on many sides by many things, it's important to try to treat yourself in the best way you possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics