Friday 1 November 2019

Ochenta y siete

I give thanks I have lots of old glasses, as my regular ones became entangled in the throw while I was lounging around yesterday and they were under my feet when I stood up, snapping one arm clean off. None of the prescriptions on the others are quite right though they are OK for short periods of general use, plus I have my photochromic ones as an option until I can get to my overdue optician's visit. I give thanks for geekifying the broken ones with insulation tape and a splint made from a sliver trimmed from picture rail for when I'm home alone, as they're still the best ones for watching TV.

I give thanks for a passable day at the office, pleasant staff and drivers, and a side room so more relaxed. For being complimented on my attitude and manner. For a double helping of delicious dhal made yesterday, with rice, poppadoms and chutney. For the bath water heating up for a wallow - I slept very little last night and have a busy day tomorrow so I give thanks I can take it easy this evening


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics