Friday 22 November 2019

Schón*

What a difference the end of the day makes eh? I give thanks for surviving another mentally arduous session of what I'm grateful is meant to make me physically fit(ter). This afternoon I was between the ferocious air conditioning unit and the nurses station where staff gather between duties to make a lot of noise! I give thanks they seem happy in their work, and got to hear them planning holidays too. Aaargh!!!

I give thanks for starting to feel a whole lot better about five seconds after shutting the cab door behind me. Woohoo, it's the weekend - no small talk required, in fact no talk at all if I am not so inclined! I give thanks for appreciating the irony of writing the last sentence earlier, getting sidetracked by finishing tonight's delicious but relatively renally kindly cauliflower cheese* and making tomorrow's spicy lentils...and then finding a friend of a friend on Facebook suggesting as I'm not interested in political debate I must prefer small talk. I give thanks for those who know me and know just because that kind of thing is not my thing doesn't mean I'm some kind of intellectually inferior being...well not for that particular reason anyway!

I give thanks I'm slowing down and beginning to relax now - sometimes I'm like a kid out of school when I'm finally released from the machine and the cooped up feeling, maniacally dashing round the flat. For recorded progranmes to watch to avoid the offered schedule. For the sound of the wind and rough sea and swooshing cars, and sight of the twinkly coloured lights in the shops across the way. They are small shops in a small town so it's very low key, and somehow reminds me of my first Christmas on the mainland when I had to be dragged away from all the windows sporting fairy lights when I just wanted to look and look and look

* Yes, I know that's wrong kind of o, but it's the only non-English one I could make my laptop do!
**oat milk, and mostly soft cheeses, just a little cheddar sprinkles on top with some breadcrumbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics