Tuesday 5 November 2019

Novena y uno

I give thanks for being able to be a snoozy Suzy this afternoon. Tired and very sore I wouldn't have minded spending the morning curled up under a quilt as well but I had to get up earlier than usual to be ready for the decorator coming, and I really am grateful his work was worth the effort...oh and the money too! Got to leave the lining paper to dry now before painting can start, so I give thanks I'm not raring to go...

I give thanks for managing to stay awake and somewhat upright while he was here, and for doing useful stuff like tackling a mound of washing up, making a pan of roasted cauliflower and chickpea soup for tomorrow's tea (and more washing up!) plus plans to make a similar recipe with less liquid next time as it would probably be a tasty spread as well.

I give thanks for my hot water bottle, for pain relief medication, for the occasional rocket visible while lying on the sofa. For a cheerful and chirpy Amazon delivery chap arriving while I was awake and already moving around. I'm still going in a phase of not at all avid reading, but these books looked like I might enjoy them when I am again and I was grateful to take them at a bargain price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics