Saturday 2 November 2019

Ochenta y ocho

The forecasts for today were so dire I wondered whether I was at greater danger getting to the surgery for my flu jab and back or missing it - which as a feak and weeble is really not advised. So I (sort of) gave thanks for mild breezes, gentle showers and even some feak and weeble sun! I give thanks for a bus up the hill and for getting meds and milk, eggs etc on the way back. For some grocery bargains though they make the baggage more weighty, but not for the queueing and carrying as they really wear me out!

For an extended period of shut down/shut eye on my return to restore just enough power to catch another bus to my old home town to take advantage of the chance to shop for one in the greengrocers where you can get half a cauli or a quarter of a head of cabbage, or the health food shop where my chum shares things like bags of flour with me. And in case I'm suddenly catering for a crowd, for the jolly young man in Greg's deciding as ordinary sausage rolls were buy three get one free, the vegan ones would be too!

I give thanks for no aspirations to watch a firework display this evening as, delightful though I find them, I think even watching TV is going to be too much effort after all of the above. I'm very grateful for achieving more outdoors than I have done since the summer, but I give thanks for books, Netflix and cosy under the covers this evening instead. Oh and maybe a little nap before I begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics