Sunday 2 August 2020

Grainy

My goodness I give thanks for discovering polenta chips! They are such a comforting carb - filling one's tum and the gap where potato fries would be if they weren't so full of potassium. Today I managed to get a perfect cutting consistently too after the cooked meal set.

I give thanks when I woke up too early I got up (after a while!) and bustled about with some jobs needing doing before Clive arrived. For the jobs he did while he was here...For making it to the cake shop to get us some treats despite feeling very achy and fatigued, and for a deliciously lazy afternoon on the sofa, snoozing and watching TV.

For finishing off my latest mosaic project. It's an easy craft but there is something new to learn with every piece I make - usually from beginner's errors. Today I found out the hard way you really must make sure there is no old grout on your mixing equipment or there can be grainy lumps in the new that scratch the tiles. Never mind, I give thanks for enjoying the journey and for appreciative noises and helpful offers from Clive and Jan.

1 comment:

Web Statistics