Thursday 20 August 2020

Spellbound

I give thanks that I don't drive a car, or work any kind of machinery more dangerous than a cooker, vacuum and kettle. One of the more senior (and more caring) nurses suggested taking my heavier duty analgesic every day - as prescribed - while my back is bad, as sitting still for dialysis makes it worse, and although not having dialysis would solve the problem (and many others besides!) that's a non-reversible process... These pills are a kind of pseudo-opiate so it seems like there's a sort of padding between your brain and the pain - for which I'm grateful obviously - but also padding between your brain and all its cognitive functions which I absolutely hate! I'm grateful it's worn off as the day has worn on and I feel more like myself...

I give thanks for the relative comfort meaning I could go out for a bit of a stroll earlier, taking advantage of handy empty seats. You don't call me the breeze but the breeze certainly calls to me, especially when I can see what it does to the sea. and gaze and gaze and gaze... I tried to take some photos but as usual, buffeted by the wind and dazzled by the sunshine, on later inspection they're not much cop. But I found this on my camera from an exhilarating walk on a more mobile day a week or two ago which I always meant to share and forgot. 

I give thanks for wobbly toddles as well as longer rambles. For catching up with housework a little when I could drag myself away from those mesmerising tiles! For the internet for helping me sort out a some queries and requests to various people and for today's water casualties getting out more or less unscathed. It annoys me I find the sight of emergency services in action so enthralling but it's a common human foible I suppose. I give thanks for preparing my stew for tea earlier so I'm off for one of Donna's meditations before I tuck in...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics