Saturday 29 August 2020

Early

Not a lot of people realise this...but as long as I've had enough sleep and enough time for the aches and stiffness that start the day to ease before I have to do anything too demanding, I actually rather like 'early'! These conditions are rather rarely met, but I give thanks after a handful of bad ones I had a good and early night last night and thus managed to complete the necessary tasks to leave the house and be on a bus before 9.00 am, not at all as planned! I give thanks for the freshness of the morning, bright with sunshine and promise and not too many pesky humans clogging it up... For a top deck front seat to admire the cruise ships in the bay, the long shadows of the trees, a flock of geese in a field of stubble and the tors so clear they seemed near. For completing my mission to purchase a clutch of Greggs' vegan sausage rolls, post some packages and purchase a hefty bag of compost so that no lingering and loitering looking at wares afterwards was feasible and I was back home before everywhere got too busy. 

I give thanks for a gently restorative afternoon snoozing on the sofa with a film, wallowing in a fragrant cocoa butter bath with a page turner, admiring the sky and the sea and trying out some new mosaic ideas. For not wasting any time thinking what else I maybe ought to be doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics