Friday 7 August 2020

Cracking

I give thanks for cracking weather today - if you like it hot and sunny...and it's been hot and sunny where you are! I do, but I left home just as the heavy clouds were breaking up and light rain evaporating so can only be grateful on other people's behalf. I felt sorry for the tourists trying to find indoor things to do on when it was wetter, but this afternoon I've been envious instead...though by the sounds of things they've mostly been at the bar, which I would think a waste of summery weather. 

I give thanks for emergency road works in an already tight spot on my normal route so I was treated to two slightly different different ones. For the forest with old trees and new, and glimpses of stunning views in between...heather, and gorse and rose bay willowherb bringing favourite walks of younger days to mind. 

I give thanks for some guided meditation and Buddhist chants with my treatment, and watching part of Don't Crack Under Pressure, where daring and fit young chaps and chappesses ski and surf, free dive and glide in wingsuits unbelievably well in stunning scenery all around the world. 

I give thanks for being home, more or less fed and on my sofa. It's been a busy tiring week, I'm so grateful it's time for resting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics