Thursday 13 August 2020

Grounded

Today's been a lot about fibromyalgia, and I've been very grateful I've not had to do much or go far or pretend to be chatty and cheerful. I give thanks for lots of rest and relaxation, plus as much craftiness as my soreness and fatigue would allow. For managing to get dressed and down the stairs in time to (slightly) help Julie get my new wallpaper and TV up the stairs, and for her help getting the latter out of the box where it was very firmly wedged in with polystyrene. That was enough effort for me for a feeble day so setting it up with have to wait for a more vigorous one. I'd also been waiting for someone to hold up the end of the 'shed' cupboard in the spare room so that I could position a piece of wood underneath to make it more or less horizontal despite the steeply sloping floor, so I was very grateful she obliged with that as well and I could start filling it up with tools and paint etc...maybe another day I'll finish that task too!

I give thanks for meals that have been more about construction than cooking, and for a discussion with Julie about the miraculous properties of fruit salad reminding me to construct some of that. Even the rather boring fruit encouraged on a renal diet becomes more appealing when chopped up and mixed! For the long awaited rain finally arriving in the late afternoon though without the also longed for thunder storm. For the freshened air and delightful smell of petrichor rising from the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics