Sunday 23 August 2020

Necessary

Something we've all been learning this year, I think, is that time flies whether you are having fun or not! I give thanks today for trying to fly through the chores while still retaining a day of rest kind of feeling. Not sure what tomorrow is going to bring, but it starts with nil by mouth and a meeting with a surgeon who is new to me, so even if I just go unnecessarily hungry for a while it's probably going to be a somewhat long and stressful day. Today therefore, despite a desire to just relax, has been mostly about preparing comfort for my return when I'm pretty sure I'll want to relax even more. I give thanks for briefly braving the outside world to shop for simple food to heat up my tea whenever I get home to have it, packing a few essentials in case I don't...and for changing the bedding ready for that nurtured feeling I suspect I will be needing. I give thanks for the strength to do the physical tasks I set myself, and the mental sort to stick to the programme too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics