Saturday 22 August 2020

Controlling

I give thanks for passing yesterday afternoon's blood tests. I thought they'd call in the morning if I needed to head to the hospital immediately and when they didn't I let anxiety level drop to cruise control, only to go switch back to full on panic mode when they called this afternoon! I wouldn't say all my bags were packed and ready to go but cautious preparations had been made...

I give thanks for managing the first of my temporary course of injections just fine, if rather nervously, and that after dealing with that, plus unblocking the bathroom basin, the next most urgent need for me today was for plenty of rest and restorative me time. Stress can be very tiring, let alone the bodily malfunctions that result in it!

For finally becoming gripped by The Binding so that a chunk of the morning had to be spent finishing reading this very original and enjoyable tale. For pausing the gentle pleasures of The Peanut Butter Falcon during a long lie down on the sofa to move about a little before becoming stiff, clear up the grout debris from tiling earlier and, of course,write my blog! I've not paid much attention to the outside world these last twenty four hours except to shut the windows when it got too noisy, but I give thanks for noticing and admiring in passing the colours and shapes of the clouds, and the changing light on those massive ships in the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics