Saturday 8 August 2020

Holiday

Studies have shown* that all my ailments from A to...well...K can improve with exercise, and though often my body would disagree, my spirit never argues as long as I can get away from the madding crowds without too much physical exertion before the therapeutic bit starts. I give thanks for considerable success at this today, more walking than I've done for a long long time and much avoidance of crowds as well. I don't know where everyone else was but by good planning, helpful tide times and sheer good fortune somehow they weren't near me which was absolute bliss! I give thanks for a picnic on a hillside with stunning views, plus a splashy stroll through the edge of the sea with a nice ice cream and a long lie down in between. For temperatures which suit me very well, and for sympathy for those they don't of course... For the pretty plants I passed, plus fascinating insect life, for the sight of giant cruise ships in the bay and a small girl with a very large crab! 

I give thanks for abandoning all domestic chores to enhance the holiday feel, and make holiday type activities possible... except for washing the kitchen floor which had suffered far too much spillage to wait any longer. I give thanks for a clean kitchen floor as well, you understand! For a minimal effort vegan burger in a bun for tea, with salad and paracetamol on the side...and, though the aftermath of stiffness and pain has started, for enough memories of a contented staycation day to carry me through. 

*no citations here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics