Tuesday 11 August 2020

Mad

I have a constant craving and it might not be what you think. No, it's not that...nor that... nor even that funnily enough, haha! My yearning is for geographical novelty, for exploration and pastures new... Or at least pastures not seen for so long they seem fresh all over again. I give thanks for gradual taming of this need to wander, or I would go completely mad(der)...

In stages, due my own ill health and the current global health issues, I've set my sights on journeys and destinations increasingly closer closer to home so that basically I'm only getting to look at parts of the little town I live in...and I must admit sometimes I don't feel as grateful for this as I should do. To have the use of one's legs for for non essential forward motion, even if not every day, is something too easy to take for granted. I give thanks for having the use of mine for pleasurable purposes today, and for it being a day when stiffness and pain eased off from exercise, which doesn't always happen but you won't know unless you try. For trying to spot new things in familiar places, like this tree stump also having a silent scream... For how bright the red hot pokers have been burning this year. For listening to Loose Ends from the last one when the world seemed such a different place. For some Southern Fried Tofu Bites to try for my tea, and for recklessly ignoring 'not suitable for home freezing' again. That's about as wild as it gets these days folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics