Wednesday 19 August 2020

Returning

I give thanks for the stormy weather! The 'wave return' profile of the new wall returns the power of the water to the sea (so they say, I'm not out there myself to check!) but you still get stunning plumes of spray  thank goodness as I'm sure it's too late to go to the estate agent and say I want my money back! I give thanks it was so much calmer yesterday evening when various emergency services were searching and rescuing after dark, and also for getting home later than usual but just the right time for the display, including kids enjoying getting wet without the risk of getting washed away.

I give thanks for an OK day at the office, though very chatty so looking forward to a quiet one tomorrow. For a purely social visit from the lovely renal dietitian to welcome me back, and for remembering to tell her to tell everyone about polenta chips. For a heater to turn on for a few minutes when I got home and the place seemed full of the cool damp air, and for a nice flat floor to lie on to try to soothe my back, which was mardy when I left and is down right bad tempered now I've come home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics