Friday 21 August 2020

Dramatic

I give thanks the sea looked less inviting this morning after the wildly windy night, as people got caught out by the rip currents in yesterday's innocent seeming blue waters at low tide. For enjoying a pleasant few hours at home before leaving for the hospital, and for my back being so much better.

I give thanks for memories of the previous evening's super relaxing Yoga Nidra meditation to slip back to on a difficult afternoon with grumpy drivers, traffic delays and worrying fistula problems too. The good side of this is I got to go home at the usual time instead of later, which would have been expected with my late treatment start, but only slightly treated, with emergency procedures to follow over the weekend and a mega early (for me) departure on Monday to fit in a consultation and possible operation before dialysis afterwards. 

I give thanks for feeling physically fine apart from a rather sore arm from all the attempts to get things to work properly, and another light layer of anxiety to add to the other ones that already hover in the background of my mind. For it being a favourite member of staff who was trying to sort everything out, including transport changes that refused to be changed at first. She made me feel looked after and that we were 'in it together' if you know what I mean. Also for a visit from the lovely research nurse who I haven't seen for months, partly re research but also just for a catch up and a bit of eye rolling about some of the hospital related stuff that goes on that seems so divorced from common sense. 'When I rule the world it will all be different', I said...and she replied 'When you rule the world I want to work for you!' which I think is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me!

I give thanks for the water heating up for a soothing soak in the bath, for some enjoyable craft projects on the go to keep me occupied, and for a good book and and all the options on my new TV for turning off reality as required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics