Monday 31 August 2020

Laddered

I give thanks I turned out to more the kind of woman who goes up ladders than worries if her tights have run...and, though goodness knows it can't be an easy time to be young, I give thanks at least there are different options for girls in our society other than than the very limited range of constructed stereotypes I grew up with. I give thanks I can still get up a ladder - as long as it's not to the top - and operate sandpaper and a filler knife when I get there, but I'm also grateful as I feel so tired and achy this evening I abandoned over optimistically planned session 2... For progress being made on one of those little unfinished DIY tasks nonetheless.

I give thanks for quick and easy food to put together after a machine delay plus a transport muddle meant I got home later (and colder!) than I would have preferred.  For my sofa offering comfortable support, remote control, catch up TV and an electric heater to turn on for a few extravagant minutes. I give thanks bolting my supper has given me a mega bout of hiccups - I'd been worried I might fall asleep as it's really too late for a nap, but no danger of drifting off now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics