Monday 17 August 2020

Right

Oops, I nearly did it again - I'm very grateful I didn't! There are about half a dozen screens you have to work through to complete an online grocery order change after you've made your new selections. It's very easy to think you're done when there's secretly just one more action required on a page you have to scroll down below your line of sight to click once more on 'confirm'...if you don't you get what you didn't want and not what you do.

I give thanks for quite a bustly sort of day apart from the bit where I had to keep still. I even managed a trawl of my local Co-op to see what bargains were to be had before the aforementioned clicking. For rustling up a quick lentil curry this morning as I was craving legumes, and finishing off those delicious blondies (apart from the ones sensibly stashed in the freezer) with pear and cream for dessert. For channel hopping for something to watch with my meal and finding a fascinating programme about villagers in the Ethiopian Highlands coming together to make an elderly widow a new traditional house. They weave a kind of dome from split bamboo bought from a farm, and make the structure very tall as every year it will get around a foot smaller due to termites eating the base. And there's me fussing about getting the right paint or wallpaper... I envy the community spirit, and the beauty in the building but I'm very grateful for my Western home!

I give thanks for not buying the shower the plumber and I thought was right as, emptying a box of this and that this morning, I came across the manual and I'll need a different wattage. For buying Laura a plant some years ago at some gorgeous gardens near Roscoff to say thank you for taking me there...and her telling me it's flourishing in her new garden and looks beautiful this summer. For Jan liking the coaster I made her.  For glimpsing from the taxi window a little green apple rolling down a drive, plus a graceful white egret in a field.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics