Wednesday 5 August 2020

Human

I give thanks for feeling more human today. For an OK day at the office, although a rather late running one, and for two deliciously silent journeys to and fro. For the relative peacefulness of a murky summer's day at the seaside, the stormy clouds I could see on the way home, mistiness descending from the hills and the shivering leaves of a beech hedge. It actually seems a bit chilly this evening (though teenage girls are still walking around in minimal clothing of course) so I give thanks for more energy and some cosy making chores like ironing and cooking me to stop me from shivering too. For the last of my tasty pie and a hasty fruit crumble for afters...

I give thanks for spotting an article on the BBC news site about how much more TV and streaming people watched during lockdown, mostly because it used an image from NBC/Netflix offering The Good Place which I finally finished a few days ago, and am still savouring. It's a really unique series managing to be funny, surprising. informative and thought provoking often all in one short episode, while the final longer one moved me very deeply. If you have the slightest interest how to live or why sign up for a month and binge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics