Monday 10 August 2020

Screened

I give thanks it was a good day at the office. The staff who remember me have been so welcoming and kind, and I've been enjoying catching up with some of them again. Sore and short of energy, and with a lot of neglected tasks to catch up on, I was quite grateful to have a few hours rest in the afternoon. For getting quite comfy in the chair and managing a little doze... For Jan recommending Life on Mars which we both missed on TV years ago and for how much I'm enjoying it. For the pleasure Netflix and a cheap tablet can bring to hospital days. I give thanks for Netflix choices on a bigger screen too when I get home and terrestrial offerings don't appeal. Oh and that I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a bigger screen still. A larger living room and failing eyesight mean if we get a shot of a letter or a text on a phone I have to get up to read it, and that can be way too much effort sometimes... 

I give thanks I made a vegetable crumble this morning and it's heating up for my tea. For realising it's only three weeks until the schools are due to go back, and maybe the tourists will go home and life will be more peaceful again. If not maybe my new windows will arrive and I can shut their noisiness out. I never thought I'd miss the coach tours of the elderly but they were a lot easier on the ears than the rabble we have this year... I do give thanks they seem to be enjoying what's probably their substitute holiday though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics