Sunday 9 August 2020

Soothing

I was grateful I could still walk today, though progress was slow and with much creaking and groaning, rather like an ancient ship under sail though not anything like as majestic! There were a few household tasks requiring attention, so I give thanks for doing the most urgent of those and then having a flop on the sand instead of the sofa. I didn't have the energy to paddle or even read a book, but it was soothing just to lie there absorbing the warmth into my sore bits. 

I give thanks for abandoning my usual compassionate cover up of ageing flesh and wearing a strappy top and shorts to get there without a removable dress over the top. I figured well, I'm pretending I'm on my hols and I've seen some sights to fry the eyes on tourists passing by - I doubt that I beat those but I can join them anyway! For the smell of beach barbecue sending me indoors before the sun's rays barbecued me... and a lovely chilled afternoon trying out new mosaic tools and materials with various degrees of impressedness and success, and no particular goal in mind so that it felt very pleasantly like a holiday from being a grown up. For fruit in vegan jelly with cream for dessert - not very grown up either, but a good substitute when you can't have ice cream every hot day. For treating myself to some handmade cocoa butter bath melts which I'm looking forward to trying out although their almost too pretty to use!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics