Wednesday 12 August 2020

Tracked

I missed the dolphins yesterday (except on social media) as they failed to give me a heads up to have mine up when they were passing by close to shore, but I give thanks seeing men of a certain age thronging in vantage points along the track with cameras as the taxi home neared the end of its journey meant I knew to look out for a steam train when I arrived. A double header too - I hope they got some satisfying pics! Wonder if they were still around to catch the Chinook that flew the other way an hour or so afterwards...

I give thanks for having leftovers from two meals ready to devour while admiring the view...plus a well stocked biscuit tin.  I have always had ravenous days, and really not interested in food days, and today was definitely the former! For trying to be patient with the nurse who, as I was leaving, (late, as she was late taking me off the machine), wanted to discuss if I might be unwell as I weighed a pound or so less than a couple of weeks ago. She didn't seem to have thought of less clothes or lighter hot weather diet as the answer, and I'd be prepared to bet if the temperature drops and I turn up in jeans and a long sleeve top she'd wonder if I was retaining fluid. I wanted to be kind as I understand dialysis staff often have tunnel vision about this sort of thing, plus she comes from the other unit where they tend to assume patients are cerebally challenged as well as renally deficient, but I do get exasperated when people in blue uniforms forget that people without them might be quite bright too!

I give thanks my creative mojo was going full tilt this morning, with progress made on both ongoing projects and fresh ones that popped into my head. She seems to have skived off while I was out though, so I'm grateful none of them were important and I can plan an unproductive (rest of the) evening instead. I give thanks we haven't had horrible dangerous storms here...but one of the little ones the weather folk keep telling us are on the way would certainly go down a treat...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics