Tuesday 4 August 2020

Remembered

I give thanks for remembering to be grateful when I felt grumpy about not having the energy to reorganise the spare room after Sam put the wallpaper up. To be fair, having the energy to begin was the actual problem as I ended up leaving it in a worse state than when I started...but even for a well person it would be a pretty privileged problem in so many ways, and I'm grateful for remembering to go easy on the entitlement pedal society encourages us to have firmly pressed to the floor! I am often blessed with far more get up and go than can reasonably be expected, and I maybe need the debilitating fatigue that descends at other times to remind me this is not a given.

Anyway, I give thanks for how fab the paper looks and how well it matches the carpet and paint even though it was bought last of all. For finding it and having the money to pay for it (via Gary who actually went to the shop) and for how we turned the handover into a lovely morning's outing (in those golden olden days of course!) 

I give thanks I was able to get out of bed and stay more or less upright while Sam was here and do quite strenuous things for a zombi day like change the bedding and even walk up the street and back - not something there's been much for a while. For queuing to go in the one charity shop that is open and finding an attractive basket and adorable jug to make it worth the wait. For going on a local Facebook site to see if there was someone who could change my excruciating kitchen tap washers and a helpful woman suggesting WD40 which I tried with good effect. Oh and for having Quorn pieces, broccoli and leeks, puff pastry and ingredients for non dairy sauce to make a delicious pie. So all in all, recalling these activities, being able only to lie on the sofa and watch TV is not really much to moan about is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics