Sunday 30 August 2020

Robotic

Energetic and enthusiastic - I give thanks I feel that way sometimes and can remember what it's like, as it's not been like that today! For trying some cleaning which needed doing and sometimes gets me motivated, pottering with creative pursuits and accessing fresh air (there's no way you could call it exercise the speed I was travelling at!) but I was merely going through the motions and just kept hoping it would soon be time to stop! I give thanks for stopping. And also for stopping telling myself I should start again - unless I wanted to of course, enforced inactivity being just as wearing and wearying as forced moving around... 

I give thanks for getting briefly far enough away for there to be more sounds of waves breaking than the noisesome kids, dogs, cars, motorbikes and ways of Essex carrying on in town. For this only being a small town! For there being an empty seat in the bright warm sunshine there to recuperate admiring the sparkly sea before my return. For a long flop on the sofa catching up with recorded TV including Peter the Human Cyborg to remind me to be grateful for the state of my health and marvel as I always do at the mysterious marvellous miracle of human romantic love. For it adding some fact to the fictional science of the book I'm currently reading. For the beautiful almost full moon shining on the sea last night. For a full fridge and a big bunch of alstromeria from Sainsbury's as they'd run out of the smaller bouquets and this was the nearest substitute.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics