Wednesday 20 January 2021

Funny

I give thanks for the benefits of bad weather - the top deck of a bus all to myself (plus Imee Ooi!). For wide open windows and plenty to see through them including the first yellow of daffodil and primrose petals peeking out between the mud and crisp packets on the verges, and egrets in a field - I never regret an egret! For the memory of a glorious treeful in Menorca. I'm so grateful I got to see some different places... And also for being able to enjoy the same ones over and over again. 

I give thanks for finding a missing hat I knew was just hiding somewhere. For reminding myself there is always a good reason when I can't have a side room (or actually a bad one these days) and for my headphones to deliver meditation music and Netflix oddities which to some extent mask less enjoyable sounds of the open ward - including the chap who whistles and sings tunelessly for hours on end while wearing his. For one of the nurses saying she can always rely on me to make her laugh, and for remembering in its own way this is a valuable reciprocal health enhancing skill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics