Sunday 31 January 2021

Running

I was very grateful to wake up feeling a bit more lively today, managing to 'outrun' the pain and fatigue during the morning, which of course doesn't involve running at all, just gauging what degree of activity is wise and pushing on to the limit. 

Going out for a walk in the wind and rain was over the limit but I love doing it so much I just couldn't resist despite how much it hurt. For one thing I find it exhilarating, and for another the few other folk around seem to agree so we can exchange beaming smiles beneath our dripping noses. Others may think we're bonkers but we thought the sea swimmers were the real lunatics! As always I was so grateful for the privilege of being able to elect go out in stormy weather rather than having no choice, and for having easy access to warmth and dryness at the end of the excursion. Actually I had warmth and wetness when I returned and I was very grateful for a long soothing soak in the bath, a bowl of rather nice home made stew and the rest of the afternoon back on the settee, distracting myself from discomfort with the fab music and sad stories in It's a Sin. 

I give thanks the horrid skin condition that's been afflicting me really does seem to be on the mend. The raised scabby lumps are mostly just blotchy spots now and even the small mountain range very uncomfortably positioned on the front of one ankle is gradually healing, so that there's less aggravation from socks and footwear. I give thanks for thus being able to wear my wellies again, as they sure were needed today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics