Sunday 10 January 2021

Alive

I give watching the sun melt holes in the fog this morning to sparkle on the sea, and the cruise ships I thought at first had sailed away finally emerge appearing to be floating high above the water. 

I give thanks for an unplanned snooze after a scheduled stroll around the block turned into an unscheduled stroll up the big  (it's a relative term!) hill to see where the mist was lingering. I kept thinking I'll just go a little further, and then stop for a bit and then go a little more, and at last I was at the top sitting on a nice new seat donated in memory of someone who died this year and casting black looks at the couple chatting loudly over a substantial meal (I could smell the tomato soup but didn't actually see any Scotch eggs to be fair) one just round the corner.  I gave great thanks for my legs for carrying me, for my weekend free of immunotherapy aftermath and the gloriously alive feeling I still get when I manage a bit of a walk. 

For the golden light on the bark of trees in the old hedgerows on the way and for sewing down the last roots on this one so it's finally ready for 'framing' with some braid for decoration and a bit of cardboard at the back. It's been a few years but as as Rachel said, trees do take a long time to grow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics