Thursday 21 January 2021

Visionary

Well, I didn't see that coming - neither the sunset glow at the end of a rather gloomy day...nor the news that I don't just have ordinary old age cataracts but also the fast growing posterior sort that would normally require surgery within a year...in a body more fit for it than mine. I give thanks for the surprise of the bright colour in the sky...and, I guess, for the the eye problem being a surprise too so I hadn't been anxious or anticipating anything particularly untoward though I knew it was getting harder to see. I give thanks thanks for new specs on order and that they will do their best to keep me seeing as best as I can for as long as they can. Still a shock though...and one that makes me feel quite sad. I give thanks I'm used to dealing with difficult stuff on my own... and that I've both stew and bath water cooking to comfort myself as best I can. 

Ironically I was prepared for possible bad news this morning when the oncologist called to discuss my scan results, but she didn't have the info for that and I was so grateful not to have to go through the fear when they start to tell me what they've found that my relief made for quite an exuberant conversation! I give thanks for a legitimate reason to go to a different place for my eye tests too, and for imagining I was going to buy a delicious vegetarian scotch egg - until discovering the shop only had meat ones left. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics