Tuesday 5 January 2021

Poignant

There's a charity shop near me that's been shut for most of the last twelve months. Today I saw a poignant sign on the door saying 'Closed for Christmas. Open 5th Jan'. I know the feeling. Having been closed down myself for most of the last six weeks I'd planned for more of 'normal' life today...including taking a bag of donations to a charity shop! Never mind, I give thanks for the quietness in town...and in the local supermarket, where I'd also planned to go and went anyway - heavily masked and washing my hands and purchases afterwards of course! 

I give thanks for the sight of the man who only seems to exercise when he's been told he can doing his quickstep rounds of the park... For a friend describing how her son used to think Tuesday was Chooseday, and you could choose what to do. What a brilliant idea...I always try to make every day as much of a Chooseday as possible! For hearing another friend who works in a GP surgery is due a Covid vaccination later this week. 

I give thanks for a malfunction of urological technology causing less laundry than it might have done. For still needing urological technology during renal failure, prone to failure though it is. For various other useful chores attended to and for working on a new mosaic design that came to me while meditating during dialysis yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics