Friday 29 January 2021

Learned

When I left for hospital today I left the bed unmade and all the washing up undone which isn't my usual style but my home help was due back after some weeks off following a procedure. I was really grateful the 'Oh, I can do what I like' feeling this morning and, as I'd forgotten all about it by the time I came home, for the surprise of walking into all that spickness and spanity! I give thanks for the joy of neologisms in my idiolect, and that some fragments from my very late and rather random higher education have lingered in my brain.

Talking of lingering in my brain I give thanks for discovering why the standardly bizarre plot of a new Danish crime drama I started watching last night seemed so familiar although I'd definitely not seen it before... It's a true crime dramatisation, and I must have read the story on some news page somewhere.

I give thanks for an OK day at the office. The renal consultant thinks it's about time I had a vaccination but otherwise she's pleased with me, and I'm coping OK (for now!) with the chills and chatter on the communal ward. At least there's no one who 'sings' with their headphones on in the bay I've been in lately...though I chortle with mine on watching Netflix which probably drives folk mad. The overhead TV was left on today (silently, thank goodness but with subtitles) and thus I am grateful for catching part of a fascinating offering from Lockdown Learning which I enjoyed so much I might try and find the rest of. It will make a nice change from my usual fare of cookery comps and (usually) foreign cops catching murderers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics