Tuesday 12 January 2021

Equanimous

Mmmm... Lots of opportunities to practice equanimity today including two scheduled deliveries not arriving, although one for someone else at a different address turned up instead! I give thanks we have a good local Facebook page for this sort of thing and that's now been collected (via the entryphone for which I'm oh so grateful!) by a resident of another secret property along this street. Also for some other stuff I've been waiting for waiting when I got home last night, including new tile nippers that are gentler on the gripping hand (but vicious with tesserae!) and some more of my dribs and drabs Smith's book order. 

I give thanks for milder weather which is gentler on the electricity bill, and for a rather murky drizzly day with the swish of cars outside...though a lot less cars swishing by would be even better. I want proper lockdown with ducks and swans ambling along the roads and pavements! There were less human pedestrians around today however and I was grateful to be able to stroll along the new sea wall without having to slalom around thoughtlessly spread out couples and families. I give thanks for the energy for this despite some spiteful joint pain as it soothed some other irritations, likewise for crafts and cleaning which also tend to restore some equanimity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics