Saturday 9 January 2021

Grey

I had some sad news from a friend early this morning and it's been on my mind all day, as well as wondering how to find something to be grateful for about it. So, I give thanks she's still here...and so am I...and that even though we're probably never going to be in the same place again we had two great days together when we were - one at Wimbledon when Andy won, and one in the lovely Lakes. I'm grateful for those memories. 

When we first met on line she was well and I was the one who seemed to be running out of time...and with so many other friends from that time gone already, let alone the current state of affairs, it's understandable matters of life and death have been playing on my mind. Sometimes it looks as if the Reaper's lost the plot with his apparently random schedule, so I give thanks for remembering there isn't one, and all we can try to do is make the best of each day we get, whether we get many or few. I'm grateful it was a grey day, and a lockdown one for quiet solitary pondering. For applying myself to various household tasks and craft projects, including my Tree of Life hanging which has been hanging around for far too many years and I feel I should finish as soon as poss. For a good amount of energy and motivation for these occupations. 

I give thanks for some good news last night - I don't have to have my kitchen delivered just yet! Mate's rate units are a wonderful thing but not so much if  the flat packs are cluttering up the place for weeks on end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics