Friday 1 January 2021

Uplifting

Yesterday it seemed important to get my hanging rehung so I'm grateful that was accomplished before I took to the sofa beneath it to be mostly immobile for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Today I was pleased to have more energy and enthusiasm so I could do the thing that seemed most important - after the chores - without it seeming like one too. I give thanks for sticking some bits of glass on some bits of wood for the first time in several weeks...and that I still enjoy it so much. I was worrying a little about that! I give thanks for the good place creativity takes me... 

I give thanks for a surprisingly heavy frost again - rooves and pavements and grass all white. Unusual this far south, by the sea and in a built up area... I was grateful for the rather festive whiteness, plus not having to walk on the slipperiness. And talking of white, I give thanks for ordering a dress from the White Stuff sale. I hardly ever buy anything new except for the things you wear next to your skin, so this is rather exciting. Also for ordering a pile of black and white pleasure (books) from Smiths. 

Despite the ensuing washing up, I give thanks the chores were mostly cooking so I've been able to enjoy oat milk pancakes and salmon, leek and broccoli pie with a pan of veg and barley stew ready for tomorrow and beyond. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics