Sunday 17 January 2021

Excluded

I give thanks for spending yesterday evening in Sweden courtesy of TV shows from Netflix and More4. For the fine ground polenta from the health food shop making delicious 'chips' despite me making them very wonky. For also making a start on attaching a curtain over the flat front door before I settled down for quirky Scandinavian romance and dastardly deeds. Although my hallway isn't draughty, the deep cold of the communal stairwell beyond seems to seep through and I've a nice thick curtain from my last place with little rings on top that 'just' needs hooks attached to the frame to hang from... though being unjustly gammy handed this is a trying task. I give thanks I can feel the difference though! 

I give thanks for a great wander around the outskirts of the town today, surprising a large heron on a quiet pond and seeing a buzzard readying itself to pounce before another came along and spoilt the moment or saved the day depending on your viewpoint! For my views over one fence to a vast still stretch of the bay, and another with just countryside beyond. For a text saying my prescription was ready when I was nearly home again and just a few yards from Boots - already wearing a mask as back in so called civilisation.

For a huge delicious kidney aware roast lunch with 'banoffee' pie for dessert leaving out the bananas (I used pear instead) and the renally unfriendly dairy condensed milk. I give thanks the vegan stuff worked just fine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics