Saturday 30 January 2021

Crashing

I give thanks conditions like fibromyalgia and arthritis calm down sometimes as well as flare up, and for remembering to be grateful over the last few fairly ache free weeks. As discomfort has been building up again lately I also give thanks it's reached a bit of a crescendo today when I'd no particular plans of even the solitary shielded locked down sort! For the comfort of a freshly made bed (especially one not made by me!) and for finding the crashing, banging and whining of the now much closer and louder Wavewalker machinery rather more interesting than annoying. I can actually watch most of the goings on if I stand on tip toe and peer sideways out of my bedroom window but that's too much too painful a manœuvre to do much of just now...I give thanks for getting up to do a few essential chores, making a batch of pancakes for brunch (though that wasn't easy peasy lemon squeeze either) before retreating under the covers to gather strength for an afternoon on the sofa!

As usual at times like these I give thanks I only have myself to look after, and there's no one around who might look after me but might have other priorities or plans... For fine weather for being a couch potato...and for drifting off into a nap. For the enduring fascination of having dual physicality. No wonder others wonder if you're 'putting it on'... I have enough trouble getting my own head round the changes from wonder woman to wimp and back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics