Tuesday 26 January 2021

Leafy

My mum used to complain I never finished things...and it's true sometimes I take my time...but my yarn art Tree of Life is, after several slow growing years, at last gracing my wall! I'm most grateful I still like it!

There's been quite a few niggles and frustrations today, so it was nice to end the daylight part with a sense of completion, satisfaction...and a mug of tea with a blueberry jam smothered crumpet!

I give thanks for my sore thumb and wrist holding out for the duration of the arduous hand sewing at the back, and for remembering to rest long enough at frequent enough intervals to avoid cramp - so far, anyway... One of those rests had a lot of whimpering but that was because I went to isolated Iceland with Ben Fogle via my TV, and I was grateful (sort of!) to see what I was missing... 

I give thanks Sainsbury's managed to bring everything I ordered with decent use by dates and no annoying substitutions, unlike Mima's Click & Collect from Morrisons today. Luckily they did have the chamomile teabags she said she'd get me as I cancelled them from Sainsbury's. Oh the trials of modern life eh? How incredibly lucky we are! :-D 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics