Thursday 23 July 2015

Catch as catch can

I'm grateful for overcoming various acts of uncooperation by tools and their operator and finally settling down with a DVD, a laptop that lifts its lid, external disc drive as the internal one on the one that does doesn't function, stand as it also weighs a ton, headphones and a cuppa last night. Who would have guessed what an effort relaxing would be... I'm grateful I enjoyed the film!

I'm grateful for those pesky gulls waking me in time to catch a glimpse of the pretty sunrise. I'm grateful for eventually getting back to sleep and waking the second time too tired and achy to contemplate rising and going about the day, but having to anyway... I'm grateful for finding enough twenty pees in the change drawer to change for pretty flowers, and for thinking to go to a florist as they had much better ones there than the places I sometimes buy them for me!

I'm grateful to Jenny for finding me almost on my hands and knees at our arranged meeting place and sharing her Waitrose coffee while I summoned the strength to get to her car. I'm grateful for spending the afternoon catching up with Biddy while Julie caught up with herself a bit...

I'm grateful for coming home to one of those unexpected spells of quiet calm on the terrace, enjoying hearing myself think thoughts not about what I wished I couldn't hear and doing a little gentle sewing up of some knitting. I'm grateful for valiantly starting to make tea before sensibly giving up, curling up back in bed and catching some extra zzzzs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics