Tuesday 7 July 2015

Don't look down

I'm grateful that Rachel often comes here to give me acupuncture as by 'eck it's a trek there and back to get it at her clinic...

I'm grateful for the chance to look down on people - from the top of a bus it's all right! I like to practice smiling at them and beaming metta meditation, and am grateful I'm aware how much better I am at compassion when the object's further away or at least muted by music from headphones.

I'm grateful for the moving marbling of cloud shade on the fields, and the vast blue meadow of the sea, the poignancy of pets and gardens as humans attempt to find meaning and expression through other living things.

I'm grateful to Jenny for cleaning while I was out, including the lowest panes of the high up windows so that I can enjoy looking out again. I'm grateful for the soothing sound of wind in the trees and neighbourhood pm peace to enable a long sleep...

I'm grateful for remembering scones in the freezer, the thought of which warmed and topped with sweet creaminess finally got me upright again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics