Tuesday 21 July 2015

Rewind

I was very grateful for finding a link to images of these sculptures the other day
http://inhabitat.com/nightmarish-figures-made-from-old-vhs-tapes-wander-in-frozen-iceland/v-hs-project-by-philip-ob-rey-1/?extend=1

Apart from their own intrinsic dark beauty, they reminded me how much I want to go to Iceland, how much I like black and white photography and that it's T.R.A.I.L time again on the seafront. I'm grateful they spurred me on to find an exhibition of the second I feel could be worth travelling to, and actually travelling to the seafront to see the third. You might reasonably expect a photo or two to follow that, but my journey there was far longer and more arduous than expected, and I was actually quite grateful when I got there and discovered my camera had failed to leap from the sofa into my bag so I could just sit and rest a while...

I'm grateful that, despite its best attempts to fall apart, the washing machine could be persuaded to submit to my will again; for getting 8 DVDs for £10 at the closing down rental store in town and for jollity with cab drivers - even ones I wasn't riding with. I'm grateful to Sally for sending me an old phone to add to the recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics